Couples Exercising Together Are Happy Couples
As we enter the month of February, we’re reminded to spend time with our significant other and celebrate the love between us.
Personally, I think you should be sweet to your significant other all the time, not just on one day. To make that happen, it’s important to find common interests and do things together. If you’re reading this, you’re probably a healthy person and if exercise is a part of your life, why not incorporate your spouse into that? The task in itself is neither hard nor easy; just like anything in a relationship—you have to work at it.
Here’s my experience and a few suggestions:
- If you’re relatively fit and your spouse isn’t, start with something easy. I suggest a hike or private yoga lessons.
- Start with a beginner’s hike like this one from Quarry Bay to Parkview. It’s completely paved and the views are great! It’s not that hard it’s a great way to spend some alone time with your spouse. Check it out here.
- Private yoga lessons are another great idea, as urban folks usually spend considerable amounts of time sitting at a desk. This creates very tight hips which can wreak a lot of havoc in your body. Private yoga can be done in the comfort of your own home and the instructor will cater the moves to your level, allowing you to ease into it. I think it’s a great way to start your Sunday morning, as you’ll feel completely rejuvenated afterward!
- If you do group classes 4 days a week and your spouse prefers to run the occasional 5k, DON’T treat this as your workout. Do something else before or after to get your intensity in.
- Don’t try to push your spouse if they’re not ready. This is not only dangerous but will do more harm than good to your relationship.
- When you prepare for the activity, remember that you’re now doing it for the both of you so bring double the water, double the towels, etc.…. You get the idea.
At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what you do. The fact that you’re doing it together makes all the difference. So get out there and spend some quality time with your better half.
PS. Check out LGN’s social activity for March. It’s a few weeks away but if you don’t plan for it, it won’t happen =) So get to it!